I stopped by ABC 10 in Sacramento to talk about summer travel with my friend, and host of “Your California Life,” Aubrey Aquino, We chatted about RV and road trip safety, what summer travel might look like in 2021, and when it’s best to book your warm-weather getaway! Read below for some of my latest tips.
After a year of being cooped up, people are eager to get outdoors and have some fun together. Since this time last year, the way we travel has changed so much, and what’s trending right now as states open up is RV vacations. RVing is amazing to stay with your family (or your pod that you’ve been isolating with,) while having a fun outdoor adventure.
Important RV Vacation Tips
- You don’t need a special driver’s license for many categories of RVs
- When traveling, you must make reservations ahead of time if you’re planning to stay in a national park, a state park, or a campsite.
- There are two types of RV camping: camping while hooked up to the grid or “dry camping,” which means that you won’t be connected to external power or water. This is a very rustic and authentic way of doing RV camping, but it’s totally not for everyone!
Things to keep in mind when leaving for a road trip:
- Always be prepared with a sanitation kit. Have disposable gloves, your mask, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes for when you’re pumping gas or stopping along the road. Just because you’re out to have fun doesn’t mean that safety goes out the window!
- Always map out your route ahead of time. Since campsites are adhering to COVID protocol, it means that there is a cap on the number of people that can camp at their sites.
Spring 2021 Travel News
We’re seeing a huge increase in traffic to Hopper, which is a travel booking app, and with this increase, it’s predicted that airfares are going to increase quickly as demand increases.
Booking is increasing by about six percent each month, so if you’re comfortable returning to traveling this summer, now would be the time to book your vacation.
Still, have questions about RV vacations? I answered the top 10 most frequently asked RV questions!